Friday, May 04, 2007

Time for Action


After 6 years of being a Florida resident I have found many advantages to living in the Sunshine State.
  • Disney World, Universal Studios and Sea World a few hours away.
  • 75-80 degrees from October until April.
  • Beaches, beaches, beaches.
  • People and cultures I never knew about.
  • Cuban food.
  • The BEST church in the world.

But today I came face to face with my biggest Florida gripe...supermarket tomatoes.

Could someone please tell me why... in a state where the sun never ceases to shine, lawns are mowed year round, oranges and grapefruits grow to the size of beach balls...can you not buy a tomato in a supermarket that is not orange in color and as hard as an Ellie Mae Clampett dinner roll?

Today I took control of the situation...60 days until harvest!!!

No comments: