Sunday, February 11, 2007

Welcome Hallandale Beachers

Thanks and welcome to those of you checking the blogspot for the very first time. What an awesome first 10 weeks we've had at the Hallandale Beach Campus.

  • 4 baptisms
  • dozens of decision for Christ on Christmas Eve
  • feeding over 400 people a week on Tuesday and Thursday
  • massive renovations to the campus
  • over 70 first time guests
  • averaging over 200 in attendance

It makes me wonder what God has in store for the next 10 weeks. Stay tuned in to find out. Here is the challenge...Don't spectate, get involved and participate in the area that excites you.

Let's partner together in prayer about who we can invite, how we can make them feel welcomed and for God to use us to make a Kingdom difference in HALLANDALE BEACH!!!

Post a comment about how God has used the Hallandale Beach Campus has impacted your life.

1 comment:

Ashley Kraft said...

Hallandale Beach has affected my life in many ways. It started by teaching me about compassion and mercy.

After being a member at Flamingo Road Cooper City for about 7 months, I wanted to get involved, so I began helping in the Benevolence Ministry on Thursday nights, feeding the hungry. My first night there I was afraid to speak to anyone, I thought I might offend someone or say the wrong thing. Of course, I've since learned that God gives you the words AND that the people we minister to just want to be looked at like everyone else. They will openly tell you how they found a condemned house to live in for a few weeks until they find another job. They don't look for your pity, they just want to eat a hot meal and fellowship with their friends. I have witnessed some amazing acts of kindness and grown some amazing friendships I would have never dreamed possible during these Thursday nights.

I then encountered the end of a relationship in my life and I drew away from everything for a couple of months. Do you know what happened? God tugged on my heart to get back to Hallandale. When I returned it was like I was returning to my family. Other volunteers along with some of our friends we feed, had missed me and made me feel so welcome on my return. It was the first time after living in South Florida for 6 years that I felt like I had a community.

When Flamingo decided to open the Hallandale campus, again, God tugged at my heart strings. Hallandale isn't the closest campus for me, I live in Plantation, so Sawgrass would actually be an easier commute. But, Hallandale has made an impression on my heart. I have since continued to make some amazing friends and continue to be blessed serving at Hallandale. Thank you to everyone who has played a part in making me feel at home in this place called South Florida. I love you!
Ashley Kraft